Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Why "Meet Me in Dreamland"?

Welcome to my blog!

Puddle Jumping
I guess you could really consider this more of an online account of my feelings, my thoughts, and my interactions with the world. No agenda, nothing to sell, nothing to promote. This is just my place to think, to express, and to share.

My life is anything but typical, but completely expected, all at the same time. It's hilarious and tragic. It's chaotic despite my attempts at planning. It's ever changing, always evolving, and still I'm surprised when life proves to me just how unaccepting I am of that fact. Sometimes my life is entertaining, and sometimes it's completely boring. One thing it always is: REAL.



Sword Building
That is what you will find here. You will find me and my my life...my children's comments that send me into hysterics, the moments that truly         challenge me, and the sources that inspire me.
Playing the piano

I named this blog after a song I used to sing my son when he was little. When we were going through particularly rough times, and we both were scared, we used to talk about a place called Dreamland. It was a place for solace for the two of us.

Anyone who has spent much time in my home knows that I make up some of the most random songs for my kids. One night, my sweet little boy was feeling the strain of the failed relationship of his father and I, and so I sang this to help him fall asleep. After that, the song became a regular. It helped us remember that there was always an escape when we were afraid or in despair. Besides my dear husband, I haven't shared this song with anyone.

Close your eyes and drift to sleep. 
We'll fly by pillowcase to Dreamland. 
Where nothing can find us is where we'll belong. 
Close your eyes and meet me in Dreamland.




Thank you for reading. I'd love to have you join me on my journey. I'm an open book. Feel free to ask me questions, share your own experiences, or respond to my posts. Until next time, I'll meet you in Dreamland

1 comment:

  1. Love your first post and can't wait to read more. Blogging is definitly a great outlet, I know it gives me a way to get all my thoughts out on papers when I normally can't find the words to always express them.

    ReplyDelete